- This event has passed.
Upper Gulf Coast Feed Grain and Cotton Production Conference
January 23 @ 8:00 am - 1:45 pmFree
The conference will include a catered lunch and will conclude at 1:45 p.m. Three CEUs will be awarded to pesticide license holders with the Texas Department of Agriculture (1 IPM, 1 L&R, 1 General); and 4.5 CEUs for Certified Crop Advisors have been applied for. Participating counties include Wharton, Matagorda, Jackson, and Colorado Counties.
The conference will address the following topics:
- Bollworm and Fleahopper Update – David Kerns, Texas IPM Coordinator.
- Feed Grain Research Update – Dr. Ron Schnell, Extension Cropping Systems Specialist.
- Weed Control in Grain Crops – Dr. Josh McGinty, Assistant Professor and Extension Agronomist.
- 2020 Texas Auxin Herbicide Training Dicamba and Enlist Technologies – Dr. Scott Nolte, Extension Weed Specialist.
- Introduction to Gene Drive Technology – Kate Crumley, Extension Agent – IPM.
- Emerging Cotton Diseases – Tom Isakeit, Extension Plant Pathologist.
- Cotton Market Update – John Robinson, Extension Cotton Marketing Specialist.
- RACE Trial Update/Current Cotton Research – Dale Mott, Extension Program Specialist.
The annual Auxin training will be a one-hour training for 2020. The Auxin training that is provided as part of the Feed Grain and Cotton Conference will fulfill the annual auxin training requirements for Dicamba and 2,4-D Choline products and will include 1 hour of Laws and Regulations CEUs.
For more information, CLICK HERE.