- This event has passed.
Two Day Pesticide Training
February 9 @ 7:45 am - February 10 @ 3:00 pm$40
This two-day pesticide training offers five Texas Department of Agriculture CEUs, three integrated pest management, one general and one laws & regulations. The second day will offer CEUs as well but have not been confirmed yet. The event will be held online and in-person, and those attending in-person must provide a COVID-19 screening form. Prices will vary on whether participants attend the event online or in-person and if they attend one or two days.
Program topics and speakers will include:
- Managing Livestock Depredation, Maureen Frank, Ph. D., AgriLife Extension wildlife specialist, Uvalde
- Re-establishing Native Flora, Megan Clayton, Ph. D., AgriLife Extension range specialist, Corpus Christi
- Spring Pasture Establishment & Management Practices to Reduce Weed Competition, Vanessa Corriher-Olson, Ph. D., AgriLife Extension forage specialist, Overton
- Minimizing Environmental and Animal Risk to Pesticide Contamination Best Management Practices for Grazing Livestock, Joe Paschal, Ph. D., AgriLife Extension livestock specialist, Corpus Christi
- Environmental Protection Agency’s & TDA’s Pesticide Label Review Process, Perry Cervantes, Texas Department of Agriculture coordinator for pesticide certification and compliance, Austin
- 2022 Cotton Variety Selection & Management Update, Ben McKnight, Ph. D., AgriLife Extension statewide cotton specialist, Bryan-College Station
- IPM and Pest Avoidance in Sorghum, Corn and Cotton, David Kerns, Ph. D., AgriLife Extension entomologist and statewide integrated pest management coordinator, Bryan-College Station
- Disease Management Update for Cotton, Corn, and Grain Sorghum, Tom Isakeit, Ph. D., AgriLife Extension plant pathologist, Bryan-College Station
- Updates: New Chemistries and Herbicide Tolerance Traits in Cotton and Grain Sorghum, Josh McGinty, Ph. D., AgriLife Extension agronomist, Corpus Christi
- Modes of Action & Environmental Fate of Commonly Used Herbicides, Mark Matocha, Ph. D., AgriLife Extension agricultural and environmental safety specialist, Bryan-College Station
- Things we Need to Know About Pesticides and Their Disposal, Troxclair
For more information on the event, CLICK HERE.
To register for the event, CLICK HERE.