- This event has passed.
The Future of Rural Texas Virtual Symposium
November 9, 2020 - November 13, 2020Free
Join the Texas Tribune for a weeklong virtual symposium on the future of rural Texas. The virtual symposium will combine conversation with legislators, local officials and other natives in surrounding rural Texas. Along with creating discussion and conversation, The Texas Tribune will dive into how Texas, known for a rich ranching and agricultural history honors its heritage while acknowledging the realities that surround our modern world.
Tune in Nov. 9-13 from 12-1 p.m. CST for a dive into public and higher education, health care, natural resources, infrastructure investment, economic development, broadband access and more.
Texas Corn Producers is a proud sponsor of this five-day virtual symposium!
Click HERE to view registration details.
Featured Speakers will include
- Chuy Hinojos– State Sen., D- MCallen
- Geanie Morrison– State Rep., R-Victoria
- Sandra Woodley– President of the University of Texas Permian Basin
- Anthony Williams – Mayor of Abilene
- Rural Texas and the 87th legislature
- Raising Texas teachers– fulfilling a critical need for Texas
- Texas ag today from the TFB Radio network
- Educating the next generation: rural public education
- Education the next generation of rural higher education
- The state of rural health care
- Broadband is a lifeline
- Connected nation Texas interviews Teresa Burnett
- Building a strong economy
- Preserving natural resources
- The view from rural Texas