- This event has passed.
Texas Plant Protection Association Conference
December 8, 2020 @ 9:00 am - December 10, 2020 @ 12:30 pm$75.00
The 32nd annual Texas Plant Protection Association Virtual Conference will be held December 8-10.
The virtual conference themed “Resilient Agriculture: Healthy Farms for a Healthy Future” will offer a quality program to all involved in Texas agriculture.
The first day of the conference begins with a General Session by Dr. Jeff Hyde, director of the Texas A & M AgriLife Extension Service. Following his welcome will be the following presentations:
- Dr. Alex Thomasson, Department Head, Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Mississippi State University, will discuss Rural Broadband Status and its impact on Precision Ag.
- Dr. Kelsey Greub, Project Scientist with the Soil Health Institute will share with Texas farmers on improving soil health.
- Dr. Calvin Trostle, the Statewide Hemp Specialist with the Texas A & M AgriLife Extension Service will address questions farmers and many involved in agriculture have about growing Hemp in Texas.
- Dr. Bart Fischer, the Co-Director for the Food Policy Center at Texas A & M University, will give an update on issues impacting Texas agriculture.
Addressing weed control and herbicide weed resistance hosted by agricultural consultants are as followed.
- Dr. Larry Steckel, with University of Tennessee, will be discussing “Weed Management in Xtend and Enlist crops: Resistance Management More Important than Ever.”
- Dr. Scott Noltehe, State Weed Specialist with Texas A & M Extension Service, with a talk entitled, “A Program Approach to Delaying the Onset of Resistant Weeds”
- Dr. Greg Steele, with Bayer CropScience will be making a presentation on “Weed Resistance Management with Xtendflex system in Texas.”
- Mark Nemec, a crop consultant in Texas giving his perspective on “Out with the New and in with the Old Weed Control Programs”.
In addition to the opening sessions, the conference will also include.
- Sessions on Cotton, Fertility Management, Grain, Horticulture/Turf, Water & Irrigation and Pasture & Rangeland.
- Certified Crop Advisers (CCA) CEUs (maximum of 12)
- TDA Pesticide Applicators CEUs (maximum of 10)
- Laws & Regulations Session
- Pest ID Contest
- Abstracts (online)
- Poster Contest
- New Technology & Chemistry updates from Industry
- Ag Industry & Ag Associations Sponsors
- TPPA Awards
Don’t miss out on this virtual event!
To register click HERE.