- This event has passed.
South Plains Scout School
May 30, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
The Scout School is a free training designed for field crop consultant workers, farmers, farmhands, AgriLife Extension county agents and any agricultural-related worker. The workshop will cover topics special to grain sorghum, corn and cotton.
Topics and speakers include:
- Cotton Insect Pests and Scouting
- Dr. Suhas Vyavhare, AgriLife Extension cotton entomologist, Lubbock, and Blayne Reed, AgriLife Extension IPM agent, Hale and Swisher counties.
- Hands-on Cotton Plant Mapping
- AgriLife Extension IPM agents.
- Diseases in Cotton and Corn
- Dr. Terry Wheeler, Texas A&M AgriLife Research plant pathologist, Lubbock.
- Corn and Grain Sorghum Agronomy
- Dr. Calvin Trostle, AgriLife Extension agronomist, Lubbock.
- Corn and Grain Sorghum Insect Pests
- Dr. Pat Porter, AgriLife Extension entomologist, Lubbock, and Gonzales.
- Beneficial Insects for Corn and Grain Sorghum
- Vyavhare and AgriLife Extension IPM agents.
Three TDA continuing education units in integrated pest management will be offered and RSVPs are requested by May 23. Contact John David Gonzales at 318-439-4758 for more information or RSVP.