Randall County Ag Day and Crops Tour
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service will be hosting the Randall County Ag Day and Crops Tour on Aug. 27! The noon luncheon will feature keynote speaker Dr. Kevin Pond, dean of the Paul Engler College of Agriculture and Natural Sciences at West Texas A&M University, Canyon. Following the luncheon, there will be a presentation of the Randall County Extension Top Hand, Outstanding Result Demonstrator and Outstanding Agribusiness awards. At 1:30 p.m., all participants will have an opportunity to view and learn about the newest technology in outside agricultural equipment displays and presentations from local and area dealers. Lastly, there will be a bus tour to take attendees to Danny Hicks’s Farm for a presentation and update on sugarcane aphid and a tour of the new Maverick Malt House at Wildorado.
- 2019 wheat and sorghum forage yield data, Dr. Jourdan Bell
- What producers need to know when considering hemp production, Dr. Calvin Trostle
- Economics and marketing associated with hemp production, Dr. Justin Benavidez
- Livestock/ag-related theft laws and issues, Harold Dempsey
- New farm bill update, DeDe Jones
Lunch will be included and there will be three TDA continuing education units available for private pesticide applicators. For more information, contact Ragland at 806.468.5543 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.