- This event has passed.
Plains Pest Management Series
June 24, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$75
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices of Hale and Swisher counties have a series of six scout training days scheduled from June through September. The hands-on training days will target specific field scouting subjects, agronomic stages, pests and pest management.
- Fleahopper and other plant bug scouting techniques
- Conducting whole plant cotton inspections
- Cotton square ID, mapping and calculating fruit retention/drop
- Corn and sorghum early season scouting review
- Corn rootworm lookout, and common lep larva ID and current events
- Key beneficial ID
Each training is free for AgriLife Extension agents and specialists and $75 per training for the general public. Spots will be limited to five per date, so RSVP promptly by phone to 806-291-5267 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.