Plains Pest Management Series
September 16 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$75
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices of Hale and Swisher counties have a series of six scout training days scheduled from June through September. The hands-on training days will target specific field scouting subjects, agronomic stages, pests and pest management.
- Cotton harvest aid scouting
- Making cotton yield estimates
- Late-season cotton aphid scouting to prevent sticky cotton
- Determining the last harvestable boll in cotton, its realistic needs and irrigation termination
- Managing cotton regrowth
- Measuring late sorghum/corn needs
- Late-season sugarcane aphid scouting in sorghum
- Sorghum harvest aid scouting
Each training is free for AgriLife Extension agents and specialists and $75 per training for the general public. Spots will be limited to five per date, so RSVP promptly by phone to 806-291-5267 or email to email@example.com.