- This event has passed.
Plains Pest Management Series
August 5, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$75
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices of Hale and Swisher counties have a series of six scout training days scheduled from June through September. The hands-on training days will target specific field scouting subjects, agronomic stages, pests and pest management.
- Bollworm scouting techniques in cotton
- Cotton aphids and other late-season secondary pests
- Measuring NAWF and determining absolute cut-out in cotton
- Determining realistic late-season PGR needs in cotton and measuring for irrigation cut-off dates
- Measuring peak bloom/peak water use in cotton
- Scouting late reproductive stages in corn and sorghum for pests and diseases
- Key beneficial ID
Each training is free for AgriLife Extension agents and specialists and $75 per training for the general public. Spots will be limited to five per date, so RSVP promptly by phone to 806-291-5267 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.