- This event has passed.
Plains Pest Management Series
July 22 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$75
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices of Hale and Swisher counties have a series of six scout training days scheduled from June through September. The hands-on training days will target specific field scouting subjects, agronomic stages, pests and pest management.
- Lygus and early bollworm scouting updates
- Measuring NAWF in cotton
- Conducting whole plant inspections on blooming cotton
- Managing/scouting for quality cotton
- Scouting for plant growth regulators, or PGR, needs and proper drop cloth use
- Estimating irrigation needs in cotton through data collection
- Taking tissue samples
- Scouting corn for economic pests and diseases
- Sorghum reproductive stages
- Scouting sorghum for economic pests
- Key beneficial ID
Each training is free for AgriLife Extension agents and specialists and $75 per training for the general public. Spots will be limited to five per date, so RSVP promptly by phone to 806-291-5267 or email to email@example.com.