Plains Pest Management Series
July 8 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$75
The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offices of Hale and Swisher counties have a series of six scout training days scheduled from June through September. The hands-on training days will target specific field scouting subjects, agronomic stages, pests and pest management.
- Lygus and other plant bug scouting in cotton
- Calculating nodes above white flower, or NAWF, in cotton
- Conducting whole plant inspections and calculating fruit loss on blooming cotton plants
- Proper drop cloth use
- Early bollworm and secondary cotton pest scouting
- Herbicide damage ID in cotton/corn/sorghum/weeds
- Calculating fruit loss on blooming cotton
- Scouting corn for economic pests
- Corn reproductive stages and spotting details to help in managing corn during pollination
- Early aphid scouting in sorghum
- Key beneficial ID
Each training is free for AgriLife Extension agents and specialists and $75 per training for the general public. Spots will be limited to five per date, so RSVP promptly by phone to 806-291-5267 or email to email@example.com.