“This will be an excellent opportunity for row-crop producers to get information on what did and didn’t work in 2019 and learn about plant diseases and pests and how to manage them,” said Jason Ott, AgriLife agent, Nueces County. Following the program, the optional Auxin Training Workshop will offer one additional TDA continuing education unit in laws and regulations. This workshop will fulfill the current training requirements for dicamba and 2,4-D choline products.
Presentations, presenters and Texas Department of Agriculture continuing education units offered include:
- Grower Lessons from 2019 Research Trials and Observations, Joshua McGinty, Ph.D., AgriLife Extension agronomist, Corpus Christi. One general CEU.
- Effectiveness of Traited Crops and Biocides in Pest Control, Stephen Biles, AgriLife Extension integrated pest management agent, Port Lavaca. One integrated pest management CEU.
- Cotton Leaf Roll Virus, Thomas Isakeit, Ph.D., Texas A&M AgriLife Research plant pathologist, College Station. One general CEU.
- Field to Market, McGinty.
- Wrapping Up Cotton Plastic Contamination, Jeff Nunley, executive director, South Texas Cotton and Grain Growers Association, Victoria.
- A Walk Through a TDA Inspection, Andrew Butler, TDA pesticide inspector. One laws and regulations CEU.
- The regular program will conclude at approximately 2:30 p.m. with the issuance of CEU certificates.