Texas Corn Youth Grant Program
The Texas Corn Youth Grant program is designed to assist Texas FFA Chapters and Texas 4-H Clubs or associations with project(s) that lack funding within its local school district or county program. The grant amount awarded will be a minimum of $250 and the maximum of $2,500 per application. The number of grants awarded will be at the discretion of the Texas Corn Producers.
Grant applications shall fall in one of the following categories:
- Education and/or promotional activity or event for non-agriculture audiences. i.e. Educating consumers about health, food, agriculture, etc. and issues facing these aspects through workshops, conferences, classroom instruction, field days, etc.
- Development of youth or adult agricultural leaders or farmers. i.e. Leadership development, agricultural issues workshop or conference, production demonstrations, etc. It is preferred, but not required, that corn (production, uses, issues, etc.) be highlighted in the content of the activity or event for which the grant is submitted.
Who Can Apply
The following organizations may apply for funding through the Texas Corn Grant Program:
- Texas FFA Chapters
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension 4-H/Youth Associations
- Comparable youth organizations, as approved by Texas Corn Producers
Requirements For Funding
Project/activity must be completed by Aug. 31, 2020. Recipient agrees to present and/or provide a final report on the funded project/activity by Aug. 31, 2020. Reports must include the following on the funded project/activity:
- Accounting of grant funds
- Evaluation results
Completed applications must be postmarked or emailed no later that Nov. 1, 2019.