Texas Corn Producers Association Scholarships
The Texas Corn Producers Association is proud to again sponsor four scholarships for its youth members. This year, TCPA will award two $1,000 scholarship in each of the following categories:
- High School junior or senior as of January 1, 2019
- Current college or university undergraduate student as of January 1, 2019
- Must be current TCPA youth member – Join NOW! (it’s just $20)
- Must attend/plan to attend a Texas college or university full-time
- Current TCPA and TCPB directors’ children are not eligible
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit a typed essay, meeting the following requirements:
- Explain what you believe is a pertinent issue/problem facing corn producers today and ways the industry can overcome the challenge.
- Maximum of 500 words
- Applicants are encouraged to provide a recommendation letter
Judging will be based on shown knowledge of subject, as well as grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Winners will be notified on or before December 15, 2019.
- Scholarships will be given to students upon paid college enrollment. Scholarship winners must submit a copy of paid college or university registration to the TCPA office. Check will be mailed to student after registration is verified.
For any questions, call the TCPA office at 806.763.CORN (2676) or email email@example.com.
National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) Scholarship
Members of the TCPA are also eligible for the NCGA William C. Berg Academic Excellence in Agriculture Scholarship sponsored by BASF.
The National Corn Growers Association and BASF Corporation will award five $1,000 scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students pursuing a degree in an agriculture-related field.
Recipients and a parent or guardian enjoy travel and lodging to attend the Commodity Classic, to be recognized at the NCGA Banquet and have the opportunity to learn more about modern agriculture.