When students join the Texas Corn Producers Association (TCPA), they gain access to a number of benefits and a great résumé booster. Plus, TCPA membership makes students eligible for scholarships at both the state and national levels. Student membership is a $20 investment with the potential of great returns for students — join today!
Texas Corn Producers Association Scholarships
TCPA is proud to sponsor four scholarships for its student members. Each year TCPA awards two $1,000 scholarships in each of the following categories:
- High school senior as of January 1, 2023
- Current college or university undergraduate student as of January 1, 2023
Applications open Oct. 17, 2022, and close January 31, 2023.
- Must attend/plan to attend a Texas college or university full time
- Must be a current student member of TCPA
- Current TCPA and TCPB directors’ children are not eligible
Applications are due January 31, 2023! Select “Texas Corn Producers Association Scholarships” to ensure you apply for our state-level scholarships.
National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) Scholarship
Included with the TCPA student membership is a complimentary membership with National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) — making students eligible for even more benefits and national scholarship opportunities. Opportunities made available by NCGA are available to:
- Technical School/Community College Scholarship Program
- Five scholarships available
- $1,000 per scholarship
- For students pursuing a degree at a technical school or community college
- NCGA William C. Berg Academic Excellence Scholarship Program
- Five scholarships available
- $1,500 per scholarship
- For undergraduate students pursuing degrees in any field, provided by BASF Corporation and NCGA
- Graduate Student Scholarship Program
- One scholarship available
- $2,500 scholarship
- For a graduate student whose area of study will benefit the corn sector
It’s now easier than ever to apply for both TCPA and NCGA scholarship opportunities! Students can apply to both TCPA and NCGA scholarships using one application. All scholarship applications open on October 17, 2022, and close on January 31, 2023. You must be a student or grower member of TCPA to qualify for all scholarship opportunities.
Be sure to select “Texas Corn Producers Association Scholarships” as well as any NCGA scholarships you would like to be considered for when applying.
Complete one application now to be considered for both TCPA & NCGA scholarship opportunities.
2021 TCPA Scholarship Winners
Congratulations to the 2021 scholarship recipients!
High School Recipients:
- Annie Fallon is a student at Bells High School and plans to major in agribusiness at Texas Tech University. She says her future goals include obtaining a degree that will help her to assist in the decision-making, expansion and diversification of her family’s farm and ranch.
- Zachary Gray is a high school senior who plans to attend West Texas A&M University and major in plant, soil, and crop science and environmental engineering. Gray says he understands water quantity and quality are among the largest issues facing agriculture, and believes it is his job to fight for the industry.
- Caden Carver is currently attending Texas A&M University as a freshman animal science major. He says he wants to advocate for the industry that has supported his family for over six generations, and has begun to do so by creating YouTube videos for kids and various other activities.
- Breely Huguley is a junior agricultural communications major at Texas Tech. She says her dream is to start a magazine. She hopes this magazine will intertwine those directly involved in agriculture with those outside the industry to inspire an environment where both perspectives work together.
Read more about the 2021 scholarship recipients HERE.