Follow the links below to access engaging, hands-on lessons meet students’ age-appropriate educational needs, while introducing them to agriculture through core STEM skills.
Bookmark this page so you can access it directly in the future (without having to provide your information again).
Online Classroom Elements
Take your lessons virtual! Corn in the Classroom activities are ready for your customization and use whether your students are completing them in the traditional classroom or from home.
Follow the links below to access the online activities. Many of these are available through Google Classroom. You will be asked to “Make a Copy” of the lesson. Once you click this button you can save the lesson activity to your personal Google account!
Once you have reviewed and/or utilized the Corn in the Classroom curriculum, please provide your insight so we can enhance the experience for educators and students.
Lesson Supplies Resources
Below are resources to purchase necessary materials for the Corn in the Classroom lessons. These resources are in no way endorsed by or affiliated with Texas Corn Producers, but simply meant to be a reference for teachers.
- 200 wafers from Grower’s Supply (Take note of shipping time. Order plenty in advance.)
- 18 wafers from Home Depot (Can ship to your local store for free)
- Contact TCP to have additional shipped to you (quantities are limited)
- 200 paper cups from Walmart
- 24 small plant pots from Amazon
*Be sure not to purchase chemically-treated seed*
- Call local grain co-op or elevator
- Can purchase small amounts at a feed or garden store
- Ask a local farmer
- Alternatively, find corn on the cob with husk attached at a grocery store like this one from Walmart
Natural Light Simulator
- Lightbulb from Amazon that turns any lamp into a grow light